Satellite
  • Day 4

    Day 3 - The Amalfi Coast

    August 13, 2018 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 84 °F

    Day 3 - The Amalfi Coast

    ‍Today we left the hotel at 7:30 am.  We drove along the Amalfi Coast. We made a stop to visit a church along the way. After the tour, we all went to a gelato store.  I got Pistacheo gelato and John got lemon cream gelato.  Then we drove on to Ravello. We had lunch in a small restaurant near the center of the town. The food was good, but there were problem for the owner and staff getting the special meals for those of us with allergies.   The meal was 3 courses - pasta with meat sauce & pasta with red sauce; chicken caccatore with green beans and potatoes; lemon sorbet in a lemon shell.  It was a lot of food for a lunch.

    After lunch we took a tour of an area where a stage overhangs a mountainside.  Then we climbed a 200 stair tower that overlooked the valley below.  After that we headed to the meeting spot and did a bit of window shopping.  There was a shop there called Wine and Drugs that we couldn't resist looking in.  The store also sold signs/plaques.  My favorite was "Alcohol won't solve all your problems, but neither will milk or water."

    We didn't get back to the hotel until after 6:30 pm.  We showered and John look for a pizzaria.  We found one a short walk from the hotel. The pizza was good and we finished with gelato.  The restaurant provided a free shot of Lemoncello for each of us.  I gave mine to John.
    Read more