Satellite
  • Day 43

    Si se puede

    April 10, 2016 in Colombia ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    Y'all keep them prayers coming.
    This week was exhausting. I'm half asleep as I type but I know if I don't write something now it won't happen. So here goes:
    Started the full course load last week. It was a lot and I'm tired but it was fun. I'm enjoying finding creative ways to teach them. My class is a challenge but I'm learning a lot! Like Thursday was rough, I felt kinda sick all day and super tired and my first lesson was not my favorite and then the class was kind of out of control but at the end of the day they learned something and that's what matters.
    Saturday was I went to the school play, it was hilarious! I know the script was funny but it was also funny because I know some of the students who were in it and they were phenomonal! Also pretty proud I took the public bus there AND back by myself. I haven't taken it back by myself yet so big step!
    Another big step today I took trans milenio home by myself. That's a bigger bus system that has scared me for a while but I did it! I also went to Parque Símon Bolivar with 2 girls from church after lunch and it was beautiful. It was also nice to get to know them and sit and enjoy the beautiful day with them. But we did SO much walking! My legs are jello right about now. Pictures attached!
    Also 3 more weeks, but two more weekends, where has the time gone? Still realizing how sad im going to be when I leave these people, but also this weekend missing my mom and dad (and whole family) a lot and can't wait to see them soon!
    Hasta luego
    Read more