Satellite
  • Day 75

    Final days in Blackall

    May 12, 2022 in Australia ⋅ 🌧 18 °C

    Very bad weather was on its way Monday afternoon/ Evening that will possibly close roads for some time we worked like crazy to finish the tank and beat the rain out of Blackall we made it to town at 5pm.
    Started getting messages from the town folk
    1 friend had made our dinner because she didn't want us leaving hungry we had to go to the pub to say goodbye to the cook and waitress.
    Had to meet our supplier (and Christine dance/drinking patner) for a couple of drinks, then the director of nursing found out we were leaving so we had to organise a dinner with her. There was a few things we didn't get a chance to do woolscour tour / Ram Park with local historian so we figured we have no were to be and no better place to get stuck for a few days. Cassandra has given us her house for a week and was planning on moving out which we declined to stay if she moved out, so we are all happily staying in her house and cooking and eating lots of food.
    As it turns out our roads aren't closed and we are free to go but still hanging out in Blackall saying goodbye to the town and friends

    Blackall has the kindness people in Australia by far the whole Western Queensland is made up of great people, everyone says hello and has time for a chat, if you introduce yourself and Don't see them for a month they all remember your name and everything you chatted about.
    No matter what town we travel to the longreach leader reporter gets our photo for the paper he goes to every event within 300km like us.

    Our favourite unforgettable things are
    The Blackall people
    The Blackall artisan pool $2 we go there every time we pass through town
    Bens chicken races Tambo 100km away
    Wellshot tavern Ilfracombe 100km away
    Barcaldine bakery 100km away
    Lovely towns, people, history in every western Queensland town
    Read more