Satellite
  • Day 91

    Manitou Cliff Dwellings

    September 3, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 66 °F

    It rained a bunch last night but cleared up nicely this morning. I spent all morning rearranging and reorganizing and cleaning. I had bought some drawers at Walmart because they had a secure closing mechanism built in. I was thinking that would be easier than my pipe cleaner and bungee cord method. But they were not the right size to replace the drawers on my counter. So, I had to come up with an alternate plan which required rearranging a great many things.

    About 2pm, I managed to pack everything back in Vanette and took a drive to Manitou Cliff Dwellings Museum, It turned ot to be well worth the $10 entrance fee. It is the most accessible cliff dwelling i have seen, allowing visitors to go into the rooms etc. The gift store was huge. And....dogs are allowed throughout the entire area. They even had water bowls out for the dogs. And some treats!

    On the was back to the campground, I checked out Red Rock Canyon. It was already 4:30 and looking like rain or I would have taken a hike. I did take a stroll and found what I thought was either a playground or a dog play/training area. It was neither. It was a bike area, no pedestrians allowed. There were also some dedicated bike trails. I am considering taking a hike there tomorrow before heading south toward Texas.
    Read more