Satellite
  • Day 92

    Taos, NM & the Last Kiss?

    September 4, 2021 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 64 °F

    Guess it is time to head back to Tx. But I am not in a big rush to get there. I'd like to stay away from the heat for a bit longer. So I decided to go through New Mexico. Made it almost to Taos but needed a pit stop and there were no gas stations around. So I stopped at the Millicent Rogers Museum to use the restroom and decided to pay the $5 entrance fee. It was actually pretty interesting. I had no idea who she was but soon learned that she was "A philanthropist and collector of arts & antiques". The museum is full of Southwest art and was well worth a visit. I do get tired of reading stuff in museums and know I will forget names, dates & details but I absorb what I can.

    Spent the night at a rest stop near a bridge over the Rio Grand. There were vendors there tat set up everyday selling their various hand made goods. Some very unique items. Since I have no room for 'stuff I didn't purchase anything.

    Jay & I took a walk along the canyon and in the morning over the bridge. The name 'Last Kiss` is written on the bridge and it does seem like it might be a sad omen.
    Read more