Satellite
  • Day 10

    Cetinje - Kotor - Mostar

    August 31, 2019 in Montenegro ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    Finished party at Rijeka Crnojevica without hangover and poor Sharan successfully managed escape from camping site up the hill.
    Today's task was touring on P1 - Kotor - Perast - P11. One of the most marvelous roads since TransAlpina. Unique views over the bay of Kotor and most of the time nicely paved roads - getting pretty narrow from Njegusi. A challenge when a bus with tourist came opposite. Several times we had to drive backwards several hundred meters to give way. Without doubts a must not miss tour when in this region.
    Joined M2 and crossed Kotor Bay North of Tivat by ferry.
    Took R11 direction Virus. Again road nicely paved and maintained. Easy driving and swinging through the curves.
    Lunch break at Stara Kuca restaurant. We did not go for Kuvana jagnjeca glava ( cooked lamp head).
    Great day so far.
    Finished our today's journey in Mostar. Joined a guided tour and learned a lot about the history of Mostar, the different ethnic groups living here and how people suffered through the war from 91 -94. Not so easy to understand how this could happen in the heart of Europe.
    Read more