Satellite
  • Day 7

    Back to Amsterdam

    August 19, 2019 in the Netherlands ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    Felt better this morning and headed downtown to explore some more. I also had 2 other goals-- A) buy train ticket for tomorrow's trip to Koblenz, and B) get a clear idea of how I'd get me, my bike and my gear downtown and on a morning train. Good thing I did that!

    After buying the ticket I went out a did some more exploring. Same basic idea as Saturday-- no museums or paid attractions, just walk around and take in the city. I did book an evening canal boat tour to see the city from a different angle.

    It wasn't a weekend-- city felt alive, but a little less crowded. I walked around for several hours, just looking and taking pictures. Visited the flower market-- tons of beautiful blooms there. Went into a store called Magic Mushrooms. Yes, they are legal here. No, I didn't buy any.

    With time running short, I grabbed a doner wrap and ate it on the run. I made it to the boat in time for my evening cruise-- the other passengers didn't show, so it ended up as a private tour! My guide/captain was knowledgable, and I felt I understood the city and its history better afterwards.

    With night falling, I headed back to the hotel to pack up and be ready for tomorrow!
    Read more