Satellite
  • Day 1,345

    USA Tour - Boston/Portland

    November 17, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 7 °C

    Last day in Boston today before my trip up to Portland, Maine later in the day. Today is when I started this travel blog, I also made a few FaceTime calls home to let people know I’m still alive and well. I was going to Portland via a greyhound coach which I was looking forward to - except they’re not Grey like in the movies 😭😭😂😂 it was still a comfortable journey which took about 3 hours. Unfortunately it was so dark I couldn’t see much but I managed to catch up on some episodes of ‘Norsemen’ which my dad recommended to me before I left.

    I stepped off the bus in Portland and immediately felt like this was a friendly place - the town reminds me of the one in the film ‘deck the halls’ there was snow everywhere and in some places around 7 inches deep. I walked all the way up congress street which took me pretty much direct to my hostel which is brilliant, more like a house than a hostel it’s in a brilliant location too!

    After checking in I made friends with two guys in my room - 1 guy called Bryan from Tennessee who is up here on work (he owns a weed farm) and he’s ex Air Force. There was also a guy called Miguel who was also in the forces and me and him ended up going for a few drinks around Portland.

    Brilliant night, Miguel was cool and he gave me some tips on where to go when I get to Texas as he’s from there. We ended up in a bar called Rosie’s which was a proper bar. Line dancing, country and western music and fries served in a basket!

    Great night!
    Read more