Satellite
  • Day 1,350

    USA Tour - Washington (Thanksgiving)

    November 22, 2018 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 -2 °C

    Literally just got set up in my hostel in Washington after an 11 hour coach journey from Boston. My legs are in agony, I’m also pretty certain I have DVT!

    Anyway, left Boston this morning at 9:30am and on my walk to the station the entire place was like a ghost town. Didn’t see a single person. I was quick to get away from my room as I met the other person staying in my dorm for the first time and she was an ‘energy healer and cleanser’ she visits sacred locations around the USA and helps brings ‘positive energy’ to those locations.... I couldn’t leave quick enough.

    The journey here wasn’t pretty uneventful, I watched a series on Netflix called ‘conspiracy’ which kept me entertained the entire way. Did manage a glimpse of Philadelphia and NYC on my journey though.

    Got off at Washington union station and the idea was to walk to the hostel as it was only a 25 minute walk or so but... Jesus some weirdos around there. From the time leaving the coach to getting outside I was approached by 6 randomers just talking gibberish. Was a bit strange, not so much scary but definitely strange. Also when I got outside the place was dead - everyone is at home for thanksgiving, so I thought it would be best just to get an Uber to the hostel. First time I’ve gone for a room as big as 10 so we’ll see how that gets on.

    I guess I’ll just chill in the hostel tonight as everywhere is closed for the night - but tomorrow I am off exploring.... an already explored city!
    Read more