Satellite
  • Day 1,362

    USA Tour - New York

    December 4, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 5 °C

    I took the subway with Ted today into New York from Brooklyn as I wasn’t sure where to go, he suggested getting off with him by the Chrysler Building as I can work my way downtown from there. He then took me to Grand Central Station - it was insane and much bigger than I expected but from the outside it looks small. It was cool being in such an iconic place but people where just going about their day. There was also 2 markets in there which I didn’t expect to see at all so that was a nice added surprise!

    After I left Ted I walked across town then to the Rockefeller centre - I had to go do ‘top of the rock’ it’s something I’d always wanted to do and it didn’t disappoint! But before I went up I walked around the nbc studios and all the stores inside which was quite Novel. I bought my ticket for top of the rock and I had an hour to kill so I did what anyone else would do.... I went for a bevvy. Found a place called Sean’s which was just around the corner and I had one of their own brews which wasn’t bad - although what they call a pilsner and what I think A pilsner is are completely different!

    After my drink I make my way back to the Rockefeller centre to go up to the observation deck - UN FUCKING REAL! Manhattan looks amazing from up here (it helped that it was such a clear day) I had perfect views over Central Park and downtown Manhattan. It was worth the $40 to go up. I’d pay it again in a heartbeat. Probably my second favourite thing I did in NYC after seeing the Rockefeller tree!

    My dad told me I had to send him a photo of the Flatiron Building so I had to trek to there from the Rockefeller centre - I could of just got the subway but I do prefer to walk! I actually liked the flatiron district it was a lot less hassle and much quieter than anywhere else in NYC, some of the architecture was quite cool too!

    I made my way to Wall Street after visiting the flatiron district as it wasn’t too far away - literally fuck all there but I suppose I can say I’ve seen it.

    I visited the WTC memorial after Wall Street. It was really sad but I think they’ve done an amazing job with the memorial and the waterfalls are a nice touch to the whole thing. The new trade centre is an awesome building right next to the old site which pierces the sky.

    I visited Staten Island after here but my phone died so I couldn’t take any photos Hahahahaha. Managed to find my way back to Brooklyn after walking the entire length and breadth of the city
    Read more