Satellite
  • Day 1,394

    USA Tour - Dallas - Texas

    January 5, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 16 °C

    UN REAL DAY!

    So today started off with a walk into downtown Dallas - I’ll be honest the walk isn’t brilliant but it was awesome weather!

    I walked around where JFK got shot which was kinda strange, too many tourists posing and laughing which I wasn’t a fan of. I went to a bar called gators and FaceTimed my mum for an hour in the glorious sunshine drinking amber ale.

    Then I got a Uber to the Dallas cowboys stadium around 3:30 even though the game didn’t kick off till 7:15. But I was so excited, although I’m not NFL fan, it’s an opportunity I couldn’t refuse. Plus if I was to pick a NFL team it would be the Dallas Cowboys.

    The Uber driver dropped me off at a place called Texas live! It’s a complex full off bars, restaurants and huge screen tv’s. I noticed as I was walking around that I was the only one not wearing a Dallas Cowboys jersey.... so I ended up dropping $100 on a jersey I’ll never wear again hahahahah.

    Before the cowboys game, I went outside to the drinking area where there was 2 huge tv’s showing the Houston Texans game. I wasn’t sure if I was supposed to support them or not as some cowboys fans were celebrating and some weren’t 😂😂😂 however the best thing about it was 1 - the waitresses where all in leather chaps.... and 2 - the view I had of the stadium was unreal, especially as the sun was setting.

    Walking over to the stadium was cool, there was tailgating going on and had been since about 1pm and the stadium is huge, it’s fucking awesome!

    I get into the stadium and one thing I’ll say is that even with 90k people and a closed roof, the atmosphere just isn’t the same as back home in a footy stadium. It feels sanitised... manufactured. However as a spectacle it’s like nothing I’ve seen before.

    The seats I had give an awesome view, quite high up but it gave a full view of the field and you could still pick out the players.

    I can’t comment too much on the game as I still don’t understand it,however as an event it was awesome and would love to do it again

    LETS GO COWBOYS
    Read more