Satellite
  • Day 1,396

    USA Tour - Austin - Texas

    January 7, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 21 °C

    I got my coach today from Dallas down to Austin. But as per usual, it was delayed!

    I ended up getting into Austin 2 hours later than expected and the coach doesn’t stop in Austin, it stops aaaaaages away so I had to get a Uber to my hostel.

    First impression of the hostel was - stoners! The place reeked of weed.

    Upon checking in To my room I was greeted by David from Sweden and Michelle from Singapore, who are both waiting for their dorms to be ready at the university of Texas which was about a 5 minute walk from the hostel. I asked them where was good for a bevvy.... they had no idea what that meant. So I asked where was good for a beer. They recommended a place called pluckers which was 10 mins away.

    It did not disappoint.

    Cool sports bar with steins for $6 and buffalo wings for $5 - heaven!

    I was in there for a few hours and got a scooter back to the hostel. If I thought it reeked of weed this morning, now it was 10 times worse. Kinda annoying but sometimes that’s the chance you take with a hostel... especially one so close to a university full of students!
    Read more