Satellite
  • Day 1,432

    Asia Tour - Mae Hong Son Loop -

    February 12, 2019 in Thailand ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    Checked out of my hotel early doors this morning to get cracking on the road. My hotel wasn’t bad to be fair, had a lovely view of the river but it was a bit old and could do with an update.

    I filled up with fuel, it’s so cheap here and was on my way. The road today was much easier than yesterday, it was north for 140km and the road wasn’t too bad. It’s crazy how quiet the roads get when you get out of the towns even though it’s the only road that connects them.

    As the roads where quiet I made some good time up as I was riding faster than the day before and the roads where much straighter. I stopped off for a quick top up of fuel again (the tank is only 4.5L and it was all uphill)

    The views where amazing on this ride, I should of stopped off more to take photos but I was really enjoying the ride and I wanted to get into Mae Hong Son before night time.

    I stopped off at a Cafe around 18km outside of Mae Hong Son which offered amazing views of the valley below. Seems like a popular place with bikers as that’s all was there.

    Made it into Mae Hong Son and checked into my hotel, it’s brand new so it was lovely and my room over looked a rice paddy. I had a quick nap and made my way to find some food. I can’t remember the name of the restaurant but it was one of the best I’d been to. I get back the hotel, get my stuff ready for the morning and pass out on my bed still fully dressed.

    Good day today. Very good day.
    Read more