Satellite
  • Day 1,463

    Asia Tour - Saigon - Vietnam

    March 15, 2019 in Vietnam ⋅ ☀️ 34 °C

    FINALLY MADE IT TO VIETNAM!!

    Both an excited and sarcastic remark. Our flight was delayed in KL airport, and then changed gates to be delayed even further!!! It is vietair like so I kind of expected it (the air stewardess’ are decent though)

    Landed in Vietnam and make my way to immigration..... Jesus Christ! I’d never seen a queue so big, it was genuinely massive. I waited over an hour to get through. It was that long by the time I made it through the luggage belt was overfilling with both our flight and the flight after.

    Getting into the city is easy enough though, walk out the airport straight to the bus station, they ask you where you wanna go - pay 70p for a ticket and on you get. The driver tells you where to get off which is handy!

    The journey in was awesome, I’d never seen such a busy place. New York and Bangkok are much less manic. Cars, trucks, buses, bicycle, motorbikes and scooters and weaving in and out of each other. Horns blaring everywhere, people just walking out in to the Road. People shouting and conversing - the place has so much energy, it’s constantly on the go. It’s alive.

    My hotel is cool, well it’s actually a private room in a hostel, but it’s brilliant, nice and big and most importantly... air con. The weather here is hotter than KL, it’s also a little bit harder to breathe.

    I went for a quick explore in the night and it turns out my hostel is one road away from walking street which is boss. (A walking street is usually a long road full of bars, restaurants etc.

    I think I’m going to enjoy Vietnam....
    Read more