Satellite
  • Day 8

    We're goin to, Jackson WY

    June 22, 2018 in the United States ⋅ 🌫 15 °C

    Leaving Soda Springs behind and following State Highway 89, we set out to Jackson Hole Wyoming, gateway to the Tetons and Yellowstone national Park.

    We passed through some small towns, Freedom, Wilson, Etna and Alpine. In Etna we stopped at the General Store for breakfast, we were not expecting much we were blown away by the hospitality the coffee and the food. What a Gem.

    After Alpine we turned right to head towards Hoback Junction following the Snake River where we watched several rafting groups shooting downstream. Rafting here is big business but we will not get a chance to do this on this trip.

    We arrived in Jackson around 10.30 and went directly to the visitors centre, this was really helpful and informative. The shops beckoned so a visit to several were made including the camera shop confirming that Noela's camera is a dead duck. Picked up a T shirt at Chesters HD and then went back down to the American Legion rooms. This is set up like our RSLs to assist returned defence force personnel. Had a really nice lunch there before heading over to Snow King mountain. Carl, Noela and I rode the chairlift to the top whilst Paola sat this one out. The Ski run below the chairlift is the steepest in North America and it was really , really steep, we had amazing views all the way to the Tetons and surrounding areas.

    A quick checkin to the Motel 6, and we then drove over to the Bar T 5 Covered Wagon Cookout and Show. Highly recommend this show, After a ride out in horse drawn covered wagons we reached the dinner camp after a mock attack by horse back bandits. It was a great couple of hours with great food, camp oven style beef beans chicken and salad.

    Tomorrow morning we are being picked up to join a full day wildlife safari, hoping to see bear, moose , elk etc.

    Keep your fingers crossed for us
    Read more