Satellite
  • Day 17

    Seattle,WA

    July 1, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    After a great nights sleep in Seattle (no not the movie) we decided that driving into downtown was our best option and parking there for the day. We concentrated on the pier area as there is always something happening there. The famous Pike Street markets were brilliant with the guys at the fish market throwing fish to each other. There was arts and crafts, fruit and veg and any matter of things. It is a must do in Seattle.

    Given that the hop on hop off bus was so good in San Francisco 4 years ago was so good we all decided that the 40 bucks for a 24 hour pass for a similar bus here would be a good idea. We were sadly let down and the tour was probably the worst that we had seen. Completely un informative and a total waste of money. Trip advisor will get to hear of that one.
    A quick pizza at Subway, yes Subway, before we boarded the ferry to Bainbridge Island. The 30 to 40-minute trip was fantastic, and Bainbridge itself is full of boutique shops and restaurants. The shore line littered with drift wood and beautiful houses. We could have spent a day there and our 2 or 3 hours there passed quickly. Drama struck for me on the return trip. All good after a good night’s sleep but I did not remember much about the afternoon.
    We would love to return and explore the islands and maybe do a tour into Canada. Due to our early arrival in Seattle we made the decision to make the Monday a leisurely day and take the coast road 101 to Astoria, so that is the plan for tomorrow.
    Read more