Satellite
  • Day 22

    Day 22: Stockholm - The end of the Tour

    June 26, 2017 in Sweden ⋅ ⛅ 12 °C

    Today was our final day on the tour and whilst I have enjoyed seeing so much of Scandinavia over the last 12 days or so I am happy to have completed the tour so we can do our own thing again. Our tour director, Andre, was excellent, extremely knowledgeable, always went beyond the call of duty with assistance and has the patience of a saint dealing with some of our fellow tour members. We have made some great friends, namely Luke and Bec and Adrian and have some wonderful memories to take away. Some of the group were very friendly and genuinely nice people and some were very well travelled so it was interesting to listen to some of their stories and gaining insights and ideas for future holidays. However there was an element of our group were just rude and some who were just snobs and looked down their nose at us but I did find it funny how one in particular reminded me of the Kath and Kim alter egos, Prue and Trude. I am also always confounded how oblivious some people are to their surroundings and to what is going on around them. Anyway enough about the tour group but overall we ended the tour and happy to have met and made friends with some great people.

    We saw some more of Stockholm today and was particularly impressed by the City Town Hall and the Vasa Museum. At the town hall I learnt that they have 101 elected members and they meet every fortnight. I think I will be thankful we only have 11 at home. The Vasa Museum was amazing and I'm glad we were recommended to go there.

    Tonight was our final meal with our new friends from the tour. It was an enjoyable night and we are all excited for the next phase of our respective holidays.

    We leave Stockholm tomorrow but would be happy to return one day, it's a beautiful and interesting place.
    Read more