Satellite
  • Day 24

    Day 23: Amsterdam - Back Again!

    June 28, 2017 in the Netherlands ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    I can now say that i have flown KLM, I've always wanted to fly with them. Our flight from Stockholm to Amsterdam was excellent, getting the emergency exit row was a bonus and we enjoyed the extra leg room, wish we could get these seats for the long haul flights back to Australia.

    Anyway, we have arrived back in Amsterdam and I am very happy to be back in my favourite city. Whilst I enjoyed visiting Scandinavia I just love being in this city. We enjoyed a few drinks, some people watching and wandered around the centrum area taking in the sights before returning to our now favourite Chinese restaurant, Sechuan which is just around the corner from our hotel for another Peking banquet. Our timing was impeccable as we also managed to get the window table again as well.

    There appears to be be a lot more people in the city today compared to 2 weeks ago which has added to the vibrancy of the city. There is also the ever present smell of pot, it seems many of the English tourists prefer to smoke outside than in the coffee shops. All to their own I guess.

    We are very happy to be back and also happy we have a much better room at the hotel which is a bonus. We are having an early night and look forward to relaxing over the next few days while enjoying this sensational city.
    Read more