Satellite
  • Day 50

    Nusa Lembongan - West Coast

    October 20, 2019 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    One day we rented bikes to visit the west side of the island which is full of beautuful costaline and beaches. We didnt expect to bike up on a bigger hill in order to get to the other side, it was a super hot day and we were sweating a lot. We certainly got some looks from people in their taxis and on their motorbikes thinking we were crazy. The way there was interesting with some building sites for new hotels, temples and shrines, areas felt more local, unfortunately some hidden corners were covered with rubbish. Our first stop was the Mushroom Bay, nice but packed little place so after some red rice, fritters and vegetables, a local "breakfast", we headed off to some more quiet places.
    First we came to The Edge, some cliffs of black and red rock where you can see the waves smashing into the island in both directions.
    Then we found Dream Beach which was a beautiful small stretch of white sand between the rocks.
    Our last stop was Devil's Tear, a really interesting part of the coast where waves are funneled into a cave and then a few seconds later water vapour explodes out like a dragon's nose!
    Read more