Satellite
  • Day 6

    Around Maui island

    September 16, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    This morning we head out after breakfast for more snorkelling. It was quite fun so we want to go give it another go. We still have trouble with our camera case. It’s good for keeping your phone dry but not good for underwater photography. We will get something better for next time. We see more turtles and this time we also see eels. One of them is guarding it’s territory as I approach and almost wants to bite me. I’m glad I saw it before it took a snap at me. We see another eel swimming later on, I find it creepy the way it swims and acts. I won’t try to approach it.

    After our water adventure, we make some sandwiches to take on the road. We are doing some island driving to see the sights. We first head over to Nakalele blowhole at the north end of Maui. It’s supposed to be pretty neat to watch. When we arrive we get to see a couple of water spurts 💦 You have to be patient to see a big one. I tried catching it on camera but my appetite won, I’m hungry...

    We start heading back south, find a beach with some shade and have our lunch. The beach is gorgeous; the sand is white and the water is crystal blue. Can’t complain of the view and atmosphere.

    We continue heading south and go through a couple towns. One of them is the original capital of Hawaii. It’s called Lahaina. The main road is packed with many stores and tourists shopping. No shopping for me. We don’t have tons of space in our bags. We continue our road south, I know there is a Costco nearby so I am curious to go see what they have. I would like to try and find a GoPro. We’re in luck, they have one. We still walk around to see what they have. There is a lot more alcohol than ours. Interesting that this is what I remember...🥴

    On our way back north to the resort, we stop at the Kohola brewery to sample some of the local beer. I get a Lahaina IPA 🍺 It’s pretty tasty 😋. We decide that tonight we want to chill by the pool and watch the sunset so we get a “Sweet Pig” pizza to go.

    Arrived at the resort, we go for a swim, have dinner by the ocean and watch the sun set. The breeze and view is great 👍
    Read more