Satellite
  • Day 13

    Island Hop 2

    September 23, 2019 in the United States ⋅ 🌧 27 °C

    Today we wanted to go enjoy the beach while waiting for our flight. Last night, Jen suggested we head over to Hanalei Bay. It’s supposed to be a beautiful beach.

    We stop by a little cafe called Java Kai for breakfast as we drive to the beach. The weather is pretty gloomy here, maybe it will be different over there. The weather here is crazy, one minute it’s pouring rain, the next it’s sunny, and the next again raining 🌧. They say that if you do not like the weather in Kaua’i, wait 5 minutes and it will change.

    It unfortunately did not change enough for us to enjoy the beach. We decide to try another part on the island, Poipu, to see if we can run away from the rain there. Nope, not better either. We drive along using our guide James to see if there are places we can quickly visit. We find a couple and are lucky enough to get 5 minutes with no rain when we get out of the car to go see.

    After filling up the Jeep and returning it, we head to the airport to jump island again. This time we jump to Big Island. The flight is under an hour and goes well.

    When we arrive at the car rental place, they have a car waiting for me and already started to ensure that the A/C is already cooling the vehicle. That’s pretty good service 👍.

    We drive about 1.5 hours to our Inn across the island. We will spend 2 days on one side and 2 on the other. After dropping our bags we head out for a nice dinner in Hilo. I had a seafood trio. It was delicious 😋.
    Read more