Satellite
  • Day 1

    Taking a RTC bus from Delhi to Haridwar

    December 26, 2017 in India ⋅ ☁️ 22 °C

    Delhi holds a plethora of reputed companies and a heavy population of people. Delhi folks usually seek a required break from the monotonous lifestyle. Apparently, during weekends or public holidays, any traveller simply pack their bags and book bus tickets online https://www.redbus.in/bus-tickets and they hit any destination. Likewise, I wanted to visit Haridwar since a long time. Perhaps, I was bored with the city posh lifestyle. I need a break!

    I quickly booked online bus tickets from and boarded the UPSRTC Jan Rath AC bus from Kashmiri Gate. The journey by bus to Haridwar is completed in almost 6 hours. The state owned bus service was pleasant and convenient. My bus left Delhi at 8am and reached Haridwar at 2:30pm, the bus gave one rest stop too.

    I was travelling along with a friend of mine. Both of us enjoyed the bus journey and most of the time we were busy in prattling. We bought some yummy snacks at the rest stop and spent time reading a novel. Bus passed through beautiful broad highways, lush green plantations and many other scenic places. As we approached towards Haridwar, we left behind the busy streets of Delhi; we could feel the simplicity in the air.

    Haridwar is a holy city where large number of pilgrims throng all around the year. Places like Rishikesh, Mussorie, Nainital and many other are easily reachable from Haridwar. Some of them has bus connectivity too!

    Har ki Pauri is the major landmark in Haridwar; the Ganges here attracts several devotees. Some of the major tourist attractions here are Chandi Devi Temple, Shantikunj, Chilla Range and many Ashrams. We had plans of visiting a few of them and then visit Mussorie.
    There are ample amount of accommodations in Haridwar suiting all types of budget. After a tiresome bus journey, you can take rest in any of your preferred hotels in Haridwar. In order to avoid hassles in the new city ensure to book hotels in advance!
    Read more