Satellite
  • Day 7

    Last night in Riomaggiore

    July 29, 2017 in Italy ⋅ 🌙 73 °F

    Could definitely spend another week in Cinque Terre. Tomorrow we travel to Nice, but I thought about switching our train schedule so we could get another hike in in the morning.

    We putzed around a bit in the morning (after more cafe and cornettos), and ended up at the beach as the ferry was closed due to rough seas. Swam a bit, tanned, and rescued a little girl from the riptide, sustaining some minor injuries in the process. Italy has inflicted its fair share of minor injuries on both of us. Each time we went to the beach, we were highly amused watching people attempt to get in and out of the water on the rocky beach, including a fairly comical failure by a girl in a Badgers hat.

    We took the train over to Monterosso and rented a double kayak, and miraculously avoided sunburn during the sun's peak overv the sea. After burning off the wine from last night via heavy paddling, we made it over to Manarola to have a feast of seafood. I like to think I rocked the bib with style, but you be the judge.

    From there, headed back to Riomaggiore, and had a good laugh at some of the other people's waiting for the train panicking that they wouldn't get up in time for the train that blew through the station going 110km/hr. Laura is still in tears thinking about it.
    Read more