Satellite
  • Day 15

    Arrival in Bruxelles

    August 6, 2017 in Belgium ⋅ ⛅ 70 °F

    Laura made her way to the airport, and I made my way to the train station. The theme of the morning for both of us was "Security Lines". Laura spent an eternity trying to get on her first flight due to the line, but mine was merely annoying. (She made it back to Madison just fine.)

    Once I got in to Brussels/Bruxelles, I had beer on the brain, so I stopped for lunch and a tall pour. Checking in to my place was challenging due to a language barrier and some cell phone issues, but it worked out in the end. The place I'm staying at is modern, and a sweet bachelor pad. It came with a fully stocked bar -- too bad I'll be focused on beers. I did a little bit of walking around, and had street food for dinner (with frites).

    Also found a pretty cool place called "taste this beer", which let you have about 20 small self serve pulls of various Belgian beers. It was an interesting concept, but their selection wasn't too exploratory. Still, talking with the owner was fruitful about where to go to buy/try, so it was worth the €15.

    We had gotten up earlier than normal, and I was feeling fairly exhausted -- it's been an active trip, so I went to bed early and slept for 14 hours. Feeling refreshed, it's time to go exploring.
    Read more