Satellite
  • Day 1

    Arrival in Barcelona, Casa Battló

    March 27, 2018 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 57 °F

    Slept like the dead for several blissful hours before it was time to get up again and catch an early flight to Barcelona. The travel was uneventful, and we made it into Barcelona around 11am.

    Our hotel room want ready, so we dropped our bags and went for a walk along La Rambla. We stopped in Mercado De La Boquiera and sampled fruit juice, a spicy burrito, and some mixed seafood.

    Continuing our walk down La Rambla, we ended up at Casa Battló, an extremely cool house rearchitected by Antoni Gaudí in the early 1900's, and refurbished over the years. "It is a universe of symbolism, a canvas of marine inspiration, a dream world, which evokes nature with its organic elements and is suggestive of fantasy." Extremely unique, the house has few straight lines and was not just visually appealing, but had inventive and effective methods of heat and ventilation. The VR-augmented tour was very well done, even if we did feel a bit silly with the provided blue headset and pointing the given iPhone at everything.

    We went looking for a beer, but the bar we wanted to go to was closed, so we decided to check in and take a much needed siesta.
    Read more