Satellite
  • Day 11

    The Eden Project

    April 5, 2017 in England ⋅ ⛅ 9 °C

    I made an unplanned stop on the five hour drive back from Cornwall to London. I had a deadline to make a flight to Spain but I had a few hours up my sleeve and the very friendly host of the B&B suggested that I go visit the Eden Project. It was only a 10 minutes or so off the main road according to Mr Google but little did I know what was ahead! I had my settings on "find the fastest route" so that is what it did. Unfortunately this meant going a direct way, cutting through the farms down these crazy single lane farm roads. What an experience which included reversing several times to make room to pass other hapless tourists also sent this way!

    I made it in one piece with the nerves jangling a little and found myself at a very cool place rhat combined ecology research and entertainment. It is run by a trust and was started to help in the battle to save plants from extinction. Thee are two main domes (called Biomes) one with Rain Forest plants and the other Mediterranean. They run education programs and offer degree courses for students. It was interesting to visit and the spring flowers were lovely. I could have spent more time there but my flight and unknown traffic approaching Gatwick Airport was ahead. As those of you that know me well, I like to be early for flights.
    Read more