Satellite
  • Day 44

    Rovinj apartment

    May 8, 2017 in Croatia ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    My apartment in Rovinj was an absolute little treasure. It was situated in what is called the old town, a cobblestone clad pedestrian only maze of lanes full of old houses. Most of the houses had little shops, bars or restaurants on the ground floor but washing hanging form the top floor windows were reminders that people were living above.

    My apartment was one of only a couple situated at the end of a lane just before the park surrounding the church above. It was easy to spot from the sea when I went on a couple of cruises around the bay and Islands. Many other tourists stopped to look at it and take photos as they walked around the town.

    It had a downstairs lounge and kitchen with a large airy bedroom and very posh bathroom upstairs. The upstairs windows and the front door opened to a view of the sea across the lane with a table and chairs to sit out at. A few steps to the left a lovely wine bar and restaurant with tables on platforms suspended on the rockwall to the sea. I celebrated my arrival after a hellish bus ride with a lovely dinner there. OK rave over but this place stole my heart!
    Read more