Satellite
  • Day 7

    Family Time & Driving Lessons in PE

    November 30, 2016 in South Africa ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    After our epic road trip from Cape Town through the Western Cape and onto the Garden Route, we finally reached Port Elizabeth. It's always great to see family, and seeing Ma en Pa Ferreira was wonderful! We've spent quiet 2 days now with me relaxing by the pool, getting a bit too much sun, and working my way through a few mystery novels, while Christiaan finds projects to fix around the house. So far he hasn't found something he can't fix, including the wiring of the gate lock that opens with a code. (Pretty impressive, since I thought I married a CA, but apparently also got an electrician!)
    Since I'm as good as a little kid, not being able to drive a manual car, Christiaan gave me some driving lessons today. I feel like the main takeaway was, when in doubt, just use the clutch. I got through the whole thing without stalling! But driving around a flat parking lot, I'm not sure my skills were really put to the test.
    Tomorrow we visit some friends near Jeffreys Bay and head off to the farm for the night, before the wedding festivities begin in Graaf-Reinet!
    Read more