Satellite
  • Day 5

    Mad dogs and Englishmen

    October 16, 2019 in Malaysia ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    I don’t want anyone to think that a week in KL is “a holiday”. Bun is working hard to devour everything she remembers from her childhood and there are chores to be completed.

    When there is plenty of time, painting a gate should be quite therapeutic. When it’s hot and humid and the paint dries very fast, it becomes less of a mindfulness session and more a race against time. It’s made less of a chore when I little gecko visits - thankfully not running across the fresh paint, and the sun bird kept popping past.

    Rewards are usually food orientated. Another food hall, another selection. I had a sizzling plate, Bun had a fish ball noodle soup, a sharing plate of popia - rice pancake with vegetables, turnip, beansprouts and chilli 🌶. All very tasty. Drinks were iced kopi (coffee), assam boi and an iced tea. Dessert will be somewhere else. We went and had a tau foo far, a soya bean curd with cane sugar and ginger syrup.

    Each stall rents a space from the owner of the food hall who runs the drinks counter, no other stall sells drinks. Someone is employed to collect all of the bowls and wash them.so that all bowls are returned to the correct stall, each one has their own colour, hence the differently coloured plates on our table.
    Read more