Satellite
  • Day 10

    Thank you Mr Sneezy

    October 21, 2019 in Malaysia ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    Our last day in KL and a 10:15pm overnight flight to Brisbane.

    The weather is still threatening storms. Jan wants to visit a friend so will drop us off at a mall for us to get lunch and then collect us to go back home to pack before being collected by a private hire to take us to the airport, approximately 1 hour away.

    The mall was nondescript, same range of shops, but plenty of space to be able to wander and a good range of food. We went into the Medan Selera and were hit by an extremely hot, humid, spice-laden atmosphere. The food on offer was predominantly curry. We decided to eat back in the mall, Bun electing for a build-your-own soup and I had a nasi lemak.

    Back home to pack and then an uneventful journey to the airport, loading etc. The flight was not full and I thought I’d managed to get four centre seats to myself only to have one of the last people on board take one of the seats 😩

    So, Mr bloody Sneezy who was behind us on the from flight Heathrow and sneezed over us for most of the journey, you infected me. Part way through the flight the sneezes started and my nose started running. Extreme Asian man flu (the worst kind) came on all at once. What a bastard that man was. I left KL feeling well, I arrived in Brisbane with nose streaming, eyes all red and feeling miserable. Not a great condition to arrive in bright sunshine and warmth.
    Read more