Satellite
  • Day 29

    Eumundi Market and Tin Can Bay

    November 9, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    Eumundi is consumed by this market on a Saturday and Wednesday. It takes a few hours to walk around and is geared up to tourists with jewellery stalls, clothes, hats, food areas, paintings, watches, environmental products etc. There were also stalls with musicians playing (busking) as well as one in the food area. Ginger beer is made locally and there were a number of stalls selling this.

    The actual town of Eumundi has the Main Street lined with huge trees that span maybe 40-50metres, huge amounts of shade comes from just a single tree. Most trees along the street had memorials at their base for servicemen lost in various wars.

    After the markets we drove up to Tin Can Bay - a thriving metropolis and entertainment hub on a Saturday night. The pub has multiple screens showing all forms of racing. Outside the pub is the drive-through off-license. Further down the road is a fish and chip shop. Maybe 5 cars passed by during our 20 minute walk. None the less, it has great views of the sea across to Rainbow Beach where we will be going tomorrow after visiting the dolphin sanctuary early - that could be fun.

    Our campsite skills are improving except the Australians don’t recognise the phrase “hook up”. When I ask if the site offers hook up they have no idea what I’m asking. The guy in reception today has asked me to keep using it as he likes the phrase better than “does the site offer electric and water”.
    Read more