Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 34

    Tannum Sands

    November 14, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    Tannum Sands is just south of of the large port and industrial area of Gladstone. We wail visit there, but didn’t want to stay there so opted for a beach site.

    When we drove from Agnes Waters we stopped at a little restaurant called the Getaway Garden Cafe. We drove past it twice before we found it a little way down a side road. The restaurant was set in their lovely gardens. As we’d had a strenuous walk around the paperbark forest we thought we deserved a cup of iced coffee. We hadn’t had any b’fast so maybe a light snack ... but they’d finished serving that so it had to be an early lunch 😊. Jolly good it was too.

    We didn’t take the same road as we had travelled yesterday so no more photos ... never mind.

    During the journey I found out that Bertha can out accelerate a transporter with a huge digger on the back, but that catches us up on the flat!

    Before finding a caravan park, we spent an hour or so on the beach. Having seen the sign near the beach we went for a swim in the shallows before finding a caravan park, then off to the supermarket having decided that we would have a BBQ at one of the public BBQ sites. These sites are frequent along the parks near the beach. They are usually spotless gas BBQs with flat plates rathe than the usual grill rungs. Nearby there are tables and often a set of toilets. At one we walked through there was a small portable gas cooker too, We commented that it would have probably been stolen within 5 minutes where we live.

    Having eaten the BBQ we went back to the caravan park, parked up and will soon be off to be after a shower to get rid of the salt water, sunscreen and insect repellent.
    Read more