Satellite
  • Day 55

    Coolum Beach

    December 5, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    We had been told that, by the time we turned up at the campsite, the staff may have left as they were packing up early. After a lovely drive from Noosa to Coolum Bay we arrived and the office was open, but they were just leaving. The campsite was pretty empty and we’d been given pitch 108a. Not sure where there would be the need for “a”, but we set off to find it.

    Pitch 108a is small, very small. It’s the only pitch we have seen that makes vehicles park parallel rather than perpendicular to the road. When parked there wasn’t room to open the awning. We went back to the office and caught a member of staff just as they were getting into their car. I was expecting to be told to use another pitch if we were unhappy with where we were, but no, that was our pitch and she wasn’t going to go back into the office and change it, she drove off.

    We don’t usually get the awning out so the pitch wasn’t a problem, more the principle of having so many full sized pitches and giving us a substandard pitch. We went for a walk onto the beach ... very long beach.

    It was our last night so we went out for dinner.

    The next morning we went for a longer walk along the beach. There were lots of people swimming and surfing. Grandparents had their grandchildren who were loving the sea. The lifeguards were just putting up the flags. It was lovely to walk paddling along in the sea, it was 07:58 and 34C, it was going to get hot today.
    Read more