Satellite
  • Day 170

    Rainy day in Lake Tekapo

    June 28, 2020 in New Zealand ⋅ 🌧 3 °C

    This morning we checked out early. We were planning to do the Hooker Valley track walk this morning in Mount cook but unfortunately it was very misty/cloudy and raining quite a lot. We decided we wouldn't be able to see much on the hike today so we decided we wouldn't do it today. We are planning to come back to Mount Cook on Tuesday when the weather is meant to improve and do the walk then.

    We drove just over an hour to lake Tekapo where we are staying for 2 nights. Even though it was raining the lake was a beautiful turquoise blue. We arrived at Lake Tekapo YHA hostel. We couldn't check our bags in yet so we went for a coffee in a bar. The cafes were full probably because it was poring it down with rain. We then went for a walk around the lake. We walked to a small church called Church of the Good Shepherd.

    After this we went to the pub next door to the hostel (our dog friday) to watch the rugby. We watched Crusaders vs Chiefs. We were supporting the Chiefs as we saw them play in Hamilton when we were on the North Island. Unfortunately they lost 18-13 but it was a good game to watch.
    Read more