Satellite
  • Day 6

    Last Day in Prague

    August 25, 2017 in Czech Republic ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    Paul, Den and I went for a walk this morning to Wincleslas Sq. Not far, but kind of came home the wrong way so it ended up being a 2.5 hr. walk. Some beautiful views along the river (Vltava River). This afternoon we took a cab up the hill to Prague Castle. What a beautiful, huge place! St. Vitas cathedral originally started in about 900AD with many many renovations. Stunning. Also St. Georges Basicila and the 'summer' palace of the King (Charles I think). Called Rosenberg Castle. Didn't have time to see it all, but what we saw was fascinating. We walked down the hill, having dinner along the way, then crossed the Charles Bridge. This is a pedestrian bridge with millions of people and many vendors. It was a lot of walking today! Paul 'lost ' Cheryl and Agnes near the bridge but all have found their way back to the Lippert Hotel.

    Prague is a beautiful, walkable city. The people are pleasant and the prices fair. Would be nice to return, and glad we made the trip. We are packing our bags tonight as we have a car picking all 8 of us up at 9am for a 6 hr. drive to Budapest, Hungary.We 8 are: us, Paul and Cheryl, friends of Paul and Cheryl - Margaret and Greg Hurley and 2 dear women Agnes and Phyllis. All getting along well together and travelling smoothly. Tomorrow we meet up with Lee and Joyce in Budapest.
    Read more