Satellite
  • Day 30

    Hotel lleo in Barcelona Monday

    September 18, 2017 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    We were on an 8:30 am time to vacate room 7112 on the ship so up at 6:30 for breakfast. Should I miss 3 great meals a day? And a bar card?
    A short bus transfer to downtown and the square plaza catalunia. After getting our bearings it was just a couple short blocks walk to hotel Lleo. Of course our rooms were not ready at 9:30am but they kept our luggage and gave us a map and we went to explore la rambla! Busy even on a coolish day. Unfortunately Paul has now come down with the cold bug. Most of us have had a day or two of it.
    The rooms are great. We overlook the street. Have come to the rooftop pool but the water is cool and now we have lost the sun. Planning tapas for dinner!

    Unfortunately Phyllis had an upsetting incident this afternoon. She was out exploring with Agnes and Cheryl, waiting for our rooms to be ready, and she was pick pocketed. They got her credit cards (cancelled - no damage), some cash and her passport. They spent the afternoon at the police department and the Canadian consulate getting the passport replaced as we leave Tuesday at noon! Fortunately they did a great job and Phyllis was able to leave with us all on Wed. Morning.
    Read more