Satellite
  • Day 10

    Thursday tournon and further north

    September 2, 2021 in France ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    An early start once again with an 8.15 walk about town of Tournon. Then a 10 minute bus ride to the train station. A steam engine. Train de l'ardeche. We rode through the 2 gorges. About half hour and we disembarked the train. The engine was detached, turned around, and placed on the other end of the train for the return I believe the train and track were built in 1903. Back on the bus to return to the ship that has moved since we left it this morning.
    So many acres and acres of vineyards. The grapes will be harvested in about a month, end of September.
    Random thoughts, the boat is the Buri. Our most frequent waiter is Norman(s). He is from Latvia and has been working for viking for 7 years. Nice guy.
    We had about 2hr cruise down the Rhone and were able to sit on the upper deck, as long as we didn't stand up. Some low bridges and thankfully a partly cloudy sky so that it wasn't too hot. We will arrive in Vienne about 4.30 for a short walk about town before dinner. Probably won't take a shower b4 dinner though as apparently there is no hot water on the ship..... beautiful scenery all along. Vineyards up and down taking all available land.
    We did the walk and even had time for a shower. The water was warm but apparently there are continued problems with the hot water. For dinner we had French onion soup and scallops! Once again it had been a long day. I have missed the evening entertainment every night! It dosen't start until 9.30pm 😴💤
    Read more