Satellite
  • Day 21

    Monday tour day

    September 13, 2021 in Portugal ⋅ ☁️ 22 °C

    Once again the walkers were out by 8.30am but today was just Denis and Heather and John. We thought they had got lost as they were gone for 2.5 hrs. Those 2 love using walking sticks!
    We then piled in to the cars to head to Aljezur, a small village to the north west, along the edge of the national park. The scenery is treed but looks dry and the soil is very reddish, iron? The road was fairly windy but only took about 45 minutes. We had hamburgers for lunch but with no bun, a fried egg on top and home made fries. Some had fish, grilled Dorado. And then carrot cake for desert.
    The next leg of the trip was easy to Monchique. An even smaller village in the mountains. We stopped only long enough to visit a cork store. Lots of cork trees in the area. And the road there was REALLY windy and steep. By 4pm we headed back south to Lagos and part was on the toll road so the driving was somewhat easier. A stop at the Intermarche for groceries and light food for dinner. We had a chat with the girls on Imo and Paul and I played cribbage. We each won one game so we will have to have a rubber match!
    Read more