Satellite
  • Day 1

    Day 1 living the city

    September 10, 2019 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    Walking around! First impressions
    - Igreja de São Domingos, not as ostentatious as the conventional Church, but full of charm!
    - Praça Dom Pedro, love the road paving.
    - Sardines world, nice to see, but very touristic shop;
    - Convento do Carmo, destroyed after the earthquake of the 1755 the church’s roof is the sky! After visiting it and the small museum inside stop for a drink at Quiosque do Carmo, and relax yourself!
    - Rua Nova do Carvalho. The pink street of Lisbon, we didn’t stop there, but if you love canned sardines stop at Pesca e Sol for an alternative dinner!
    - a romantic walk across the Tago during the sunset! The best for prepare your stomach for a Portuguese dinner
    - dinner at Faca & Garfo, it was warmly recommended by Lonely Planet and TripAdvisor. Honestly the dinner was good, but nothing special, the restaurant inside is small and typical. They offer some food as starter, we decided to taste everything but without seeing prices.
    At the end the price was quite expensive for what we have eaten.
    I would say it’s a touristic place, but I don’t know if i will suggest it
    - Elevador de Santa Just by night! Super recommended! If you buy the Lisboa Card the entrance it’s free, you will also have free metro and bus and some discounts for other attractions. We made the 72 hours card, we paid 42 euros per each but it worth!
    Lisbon from the top with all the lights on it’s phenomenal ❤️ that was the first moment we fell in love with the city!
    Read more