Satellite
Show on map
  • Rent or Lease? It's a no brainer!

    September 22, 2021 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 66 °F

    I miss Portugal! But this is all a part of the journey. Right? We have to try new places and new things. So we hopped in our brand new car. Seriously, it had 12KM on the odometer when we picked it up. Besides having to get an Uber out to the leasing office, the pickup was flawless. The quick story on leasing is that when traveling in Europe for 3 weeks or more it is LESS expensive to lease a car than it is to rent one. Plus the leased cars comes with full insurance plus you can leave EU states with the vehicle (rental companies will not allow this) since technically you own it.
    We made it from Porto to Gijon in Spain on one tank of petrol. Approximately 80 euros worth or $100. It is nice to have the added flexibility to be able to pull off and see different sights and take photos. Not so easy when using public transportation. For info on leasing see following link.

    https://www.autoeurope.com/peugeot-europe-lease…

    Our drive up to Gijon was interesting, we were inland and you can see the rout on our map here. We did a lot of elevation changes which I didn't really anticipate. From sea level to over 3400 feet. The landscape changed with the Elevation also from lush green in the low lands to baron rock at the higher elevations.

    https://www.google.com/maps/place/Gijón/@43.546…

    Will fill you in later on our time in Spain so far later today. For now Cheers
    Read more