Satellite
Show on map
  • Its all about the Journey

    October 23, 2021 in Switzerland ⋅ 🌙 43 °F

    As a kid, young adult and adult it was always about the destination for me. The journey seemed to be the obstacle that I had to overcome. I don't know for sure, but I think in some ways it served me well. But now I have discovered that the journey is so, so much more enjoyable than I thought possible.
    We had just left Dijon, France when we last dropped a line. Sorry it has taken so long. So here we go. The Journey continues.
    Dijon was another of Caroline’s ideas. Guess what she loves. Haha. We stayed in in an Airbnb in the countryside. Took some nice long walks and went into the town of Beaune for a tour of the Fallot Mustard Museum. It was interesting and entertaining. We were both really impressed with this whole region. Next stop, Interlaken Switzerland.
    A lovely drive especially as we climbed up into the Alps. Here we stayed in a nice hotel just on the edge of town. The guy running the place was originally from South Africa. And very helpful. We spent two and a half days here, walking, driving and dining. Maybe a little sleep too. What a beautiful place. The Alps as they rise all around you. Had to do a drive to one of those towns you see way up the mountains. Switchback after switchback.
    It was recommended that we get up to Jungfraujoch which entails a couple of gondola trips and a train to get one up to the top of Europe. Unfortunately there was tons of cloud cover so we decided to skip it and save it for the next time we visit. Have to say we were a little bummed. https://www.jungfrau.ch/en-gb/jungfraujoch-top-…
    Hope this link works. OK I am going for my breakfast. Will catch you up on the rest of the adventure a little later.
    Quick question. Why there were so many East Indian and Middle Eastern restaurants in Interlaken? It was not what was expected.
    Read more