Satellite
  • Day 15

    Anna's lockdown birthday party!

    April 8, 2020 in Ireland ⋅ ☀️ 12 °C

    Today was Anna's birthday! It also coincided with day 6 of quarter end but I snuck out at lunch and dropped over to Lisnashee with Mia to give her some presents and eat some cake. I had my excuse ready if we were stopped by the gardai on our way there - I am visiting my elderly Mum! We arrived just as Conor and Paul were finishing filling the skip - just on time for tea and cake!

    It was lovely sitting out in the patio in the sun with Mum, John, Paul, Conor, Anna , Mia and Vincent. Mum had all the chairs spread out and everything was wiped down with disinfectant, but it still felt quite normal which was nice! Unfortunately I had to rush back to work.

    This evening we had a family quiz night on Zoom. I was still working so could only half pay attention - that's my excuse for not doing very well haha! Tomorrow is the last day of quarter end - I can't wait to get back to normality....well as normal as it can be when the world is on lockdown.

    My paintclub starter pack arrived today - paints, brushes and canvases. I'm going to sign up to one of the virtual paintclubs that they're doing.

    Boris is out of intensive care today but the number of deaths in the UK seems to be spiralling - close to a thousand per day...we seem to be coping a bit better here - fingers crossed we continue to keep it under control.
    Read more