Satellite
  • Day 13

    Virtual Pete & an attempted Oti dance!

    April 6, 2020 in Ireland ⋅ ☀️ 11 °C

    We organised a virtual Pete session for 1pm today. Just myself, Mum, Lisa, Garrett and Lisa B. Lisa only has a 1kg weight so she had to use a giant rock as her weight - it was so funny - Pete went mad when she tried to lift it over her head! The Pete sessions are great - I'm going to try and do this one plus the 8am Friday session each week - just to keep myself ticking over!

    There were issues with logging into the Diva group reporting system in work - Elaine and Peter both suggested we try to get clearance to go into the office to get access - I was worried I'd have to refuse since it's completely against the current regulations (Closing month end isn't exactly an essential task!) but luckily HR stepped in and told them that under no circumstances can they ask employees to go into the office. I was surprised that they even suggested it but at least someone stepped in.

    One of my colleagues, Austin, was coughed at and spat in the face by someone while out on his morning walk today. He has a condition which puts him in the high risk category so he was very shook up afterwards and took the day off after reporting it at the local Garda station. I have heard of a few stories like this - people coughing at shop assistants and things like that. The gardai are coming down strongly on them - I even heard of one person being jailed for a year!

    I decided I was finally going to learn an Oti Mabuse dance today! She is doing virtual dance classes on facebook and Lisa has done a few of them. I picked the Greatest Showman but realised half way through that I was learning a kids dance (She has adult and kids lessons!) so I gave up! I'll pick out an adult one and do it properly when I have more time!
    Read more