Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Yokohama: Cyclist nightmare

    September 14, 2016 in Japan ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    #Reinkoto = rain coat

    We woke up early and wanted to start early but then it started to rain heavily...we decided to wait for a while, but after 1 hour it looks like the rain is not going anywhere...We went out to find a Reinkoto for Kei and started on our journey. Tokyo is a cyclist nightmare... there are hardly any bicycle road around and there are too many traffic lights and too many around...so many time we had to push our bike through a huge crowd of people, it was no fun...and then it happened..my phone, which i use as my Navi stopped working..since it was raining all the way so heavily my phone got wet despite the protection and switched itself off!
    By 6 pm its already pitch black and we decided to make it a day... We went to a Konbini store and asked around if theres a hotel nearby. A young guy behind the counter tried hard to help us and we tried hard to communicate with our limited japanese skills. He then wrote down the hotel's name behind a used receipt: "Hoteru Atorasu". We cycled down to the mentioned hotel and it turns out its called "Hotel Atlas". It was pretty expensive but we did not have much choice...hopefully tomorrow will be better..
    Read more