Satellite
  • Day 14

    Kameyama: Ebi-Sandwich

    September 24, 2016 in Japan ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    Ebi = prawn

    I cycled further, this time alone. I didn't know it is that different to cycle alone. I felt lonelier and more vulnerable. But for the same time i was more efficient, since there were no one to talk to. It was all about going forward. Its weird how mind works though. Since i was alone i began to make conversations with myself. I started to think about things that trouble me and things that i want to do in life. Sometimes i caught myself talking out loud, smiling or frowning.
    I reached my first checkpoint, Kameyama. After Kameyama i would have to cross a hill. To prepare myself i decided to stop by a small japanese restaurant and had the best Ebi sandwich ever! It was soo gut that i ordered the same dish twice...and then one more as a takeout in case i'll get hungry again during the ride. During the time I managed to charge my phone back to 100%.
    And then it came, the anticipated hill. It felt like forever til i finally arrived at the peak of the hill. On the peak was a relatively old village and they look very beautiful. There were tourists visiting the town, i guess it must be quite famous.
    I then climb down the mountain and reach the next town, Iga. By then i already covered around 100 km. Being satisfied with what i have achieved so far, i plan to cycle further. Then I saw Nara on the map, around 40 km ahead..seems doable. I booked a hostel in Nara and continued cycling...
    Read more