Satellite
  • Day 15

    Osaka: The last Destination

    September 25, 2016 in Japan ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    It was 15:00 and I decided to move to Osaka. The final destination for the tour. I was not feeling that great, but since it was only 40 km left, i guess i could make it. I did notice that there were several hills that i have to pass through to get to Osaka..
    After around 6 km i fell down the bike again. This was my fifth time for the trip. It was my fault, i didn't manage to clip off my shoes from the oedal on time. I fell down like dead meet and it was embarassing.
    Around 10 km down i noticed that i will be arriving to the first hill. I stopped at McD and ordered 2 Ebi-Burgers, since i learned from yesterday ebi gave me great powers.
    Of all days, this was the first day since the tour where it did not rain. At all. In fact it was very sunny and hot. I remembered cursing all the time when it rains but this time i was praying to the japanese god that it will be raining anytime soon. It felt like the hill was the steepest that i have ever had in Japan, and the heat from the sun makes it even worse... i could hear my heart pumping so hard..
    Okay first hill was behind me, now get ready for the secind hill. This time it will be even steeper and higher. This will be my last hill, i said to myself.
    The hill was too much for me. I was not in my top condition that day. This time i could here my hear pumping through my eardrum. After a while i felt like vomitting. Thats when i decided to stop and take some rest. After that i did not even bother to ride my bike, i just pushed it up the hill.
    After some time i did manage to arrive to the peak. On the peak of the hill was a small village and it says that i already reached the outkirt of Osaka!
    Goung downhill was unfortunately no fun. The road was but and there were alot of small gutter along the road. I had to go extremely slow, my hand started to get numb from pressing the breaks all the time. I think i had to change the brake again soon..
    At last I arrived at Osaka! What a journey, i was feeling so happy. There were suprisingly alot of bicyclers in the town, and the bicycle roads are good. I had to look out for the bikers more than the cars, since they most of the time have no lights, cycle in the opposite direction of the road and seem to not aware of the existance of the traffic lights. Interestingly the cars in Osaka are very tolerant to the cyclers.
    The hostel was full with backpackers. Coincidently they have on that day "Halloween Party" and i had Okinimiyaki and drinks for free
    Read more