Satellite
  • Day 14

    Nara: Alone in the Dark

    September 24, 2016 in Japan ⋅ 🌙 23 °C

    The road to Nara was beautiful. I could here the river flowing at the side, i could see forests and mountains evwrywhere. It was nice. Slowly i felt that i have drained out all the energy that i got. And it was going to get dark soon.
    After a while it was extremely dark, and i was forced to climb up into a next hill. I didn't want to. Not because i of slope so much, rather because i could see the road i was heading was narrow and it was heading me into a forest up the hill and it was extremely dark in there. For the same time since I did not have any internet connection it was risky to try out an alternative path. So i gave it a go...I turned on the lights and climb up the hill. It was so dark i could only rely on my front lamp which is not that bright. Whenever the bikes shakes the light flakes. A couple times it completely turned itself off. Then it was completely dark, i could here the river flowing but nothing else. I stopped. I hit the light a couple times and it turned back on again...what a relieve! This happened a couple times and even though i dont believe in ghosts the forest was kind of eerie. I wanted to get out of the as soon as possible!
    The climb seemed to take forever. My Navi said i shpuld be arriving the peak soon, but i still kept climbing up. I dont have much energy left, but for the same time i wanted to get the hell out of the forest.
    After some time i cycled down the hill carefully, since i was still in the forest. All of the sudden i arrived into what seems to be a rice field, i could see the sky and it was a bit brighter. Soon after that the road got wider and i saw cars passing by. At last! I survived the scary hill. The last Kilometers was pretty easy, i could not wait to arrive at hte hostel.
    The hostel was quite cool, it was a soya-brewery factory about 100 year ago, turned into a youth hostel. I was glad that i arrived.
    I ate at the Hostel and it was expensive but not that good. The waitress explained to me that she like Malaysia and had been there for several times and will be going to Kota Kinabalu in 1 month.
    I took a walk around the hostel, tring to clear my mind and had some drinks. After a while i went back to the hostel and tried to get some sleep
    Read more