Satellite
  • Day 53

    Manning Gorge

    June 4, 2017 in Australia

    This campground is huge! There must be at least 500 campers here. It's lucky a lot of people carry their own toilet and shower facilities because this campground would not cope, having only 3 showers and 3 toilets for both men and women. Having said that the grounds are very spacious and quite shady, but one down fall is the prickles everywhere.
    There is a really brilliant water hole for swimming here in the camp, and then there is a walk trail that takes you up to Manning Falls. We left Phoebe home with the truck and packed a backpack with some food and other essentials. It's well worth the hour it takes to trek up to the falls, and the swim at the end was awesome.
    We stayed here for two nights and met some nice people. There was two Maori boys close to us, well everyone was close to us!!! The place was packed. Anyway Richard and Tummi were plumbers from Derby who were on a boys fishing trip for the long weekend. They caught some cherabin and gave us three to try. I forgot to take a photo, but they look like small marron and tasted like crayfish. They also gave us some chook pellets in case we get a chance to try our luck with the new cast net.
    Read more