Satellite
  • Day 2

    Disneyland

    June 16, 2008 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    Okay, we finally managed the jet lag, woke up at 8am and after breakky we headed straight to Disneyland.

    We skipped the big lane of people thanks to the pre-paid tickets. I hoped Ridemax worked, for those who don't know Ridemax is a sort of database that advise the best itinerary for Disney, Disney California and Disneyworld so you don't waste time in rides in certain times of the day. It also gives you tips when to use fastpass etc etc.

    In our case little Ximena is only 5 so we really weren't up for the big thrills hence with no time to waste and according to my Ridemax itinerary we went straight to Fantasyland at the back of the castle where we spent nearly 1 1/2 hours. amazingly hardly anyone was there.

    Then we went even further back to Mickey's toontown where we spent another 1 1/2 hours, including using fast pass for Roger Rabbits ride and photos with Goofy, Pluto, Woody and Mickey Mouse (Mickey appeared in a separate room where we have to line up)

    After lunch we went back to check Fantasyland and now plenty of people was there. According to Ridemax most of the people spent the morning taking photos at the entrance, at Main street and the castle and that's why is best to go to Fantasy and Tomorrow land straight away skipping photos till later.

    We went for a walk to Frontierland and New Orleands Square and the place was completely overcrowded, quite difficult to walk. It was 1:30pm at the Mercury was on 35 Celsius.....

    We skipped the Rioverboat and went to Adventureland to do the Jungle Cruise instead and then the Tiki room. Something we noticed was that most of the rides themes were a bit outdated, things like Dumbo, Chip & Dale, Indiana Jones etc etc okay we knew about that and the Ximena had fun but certainly kids are more into Shrek, Ice Age or Cars these days...........anyway just a thought.

    We went next to Tomorrowland for another 2 hours or so, Ximena really liked Buzz lightyear Astro Blasters and the Astro orbiter.

    Time to go the Disney Parade, we got a good spot in front line. As usual it started with all the Princesses (Snow white, Cinderella and the list continue) but there was also something newer like The Lion King and Narnia's Prince Caspian. The Parade of course finished with Disney's most loved character Mickey Mouse and Minnie.

    It was close to 6pm and most of people looked really tired and started to make their way back to the main entrance, not our case so we went back to Fantasy land where Ximena spent another 1 1/2 hours and then we too were really tired so left the park not without taking some photos at Main Entrance and then having our classic Burritos.

    We stayed in Downtown Disney to see the Fireworks at 9pm and then back at the hotel. My judgement I give 6/10 starts to Disneyland I think it is a bit overrated.
    Read more