Satellite
  • Day 8

    San Diego Zoo

    June 22, 2008 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    These last 3 days in California were allocated to Ximena. She hadn't had much fun since Disneyland. Today we went to San Diego Zoo.

    What we expected to see: animals of all kinds, however the highlight had to be the Pandas.

    We started by the camels where other than the usual dromedaries we found a Vicuña from Peru and right next door Kangaroos and Koalas from Oz land. Then we went to see the elephants and run into the Giraffes on time for feeding. For a couple of bucks we were able to feed the giraffes.

    Then an elephant discussion and we event got to see an elephant playing the harmonica (check my video)

    We followed the Bear Canyon to see the Lion and Bears, the lazy animals were mostly sleeping and then went close to the Panda exhibit where lots of people were queueing up so we skipped in the time being and went up the stairs to see the polar bear and then the zebras.
    Lion.

    Going down we arrive to the panda exhibit again this time we joined the line to see the lazy fellas. One of them was eating bamboo while the other was sleeping, we basically had to keep walking as we were watching.

    Satisfied with the Pandas we went to see the Hippos were there was an under viewing platform. It was interesting to see how agile the big mammals were under water. We then went to see the monkeys and aviary

    We finish the parked visiting the reptiles and the big Galapagos tortoises
    Read more